SEE THIS SPECTACULAR PARADE IN PERSON
The Parade runs STRAIGHT up 6th Ave. from Spring to 16th Street Start: 7pm
The streets are most crowded between Bleecker and 14th Street, so you might consider getting there early or try another place along the route…(or better yet, put on a costume and join the Parade!)
The Parade starts at 7:00 pm and ends around 11:00 pm.
THE PARADE IS A FREE PUBLIC EVENT! However, if you want to avoid the crowds and be in a special VIP area to watch the Parade, click here for tickets.
GETTING TO THE PARADE
- The L train will run on a normal service schedule on Halloween night, which is about every ~5-8 minutes in the evening. FYI: L trains always run every 20 minutes between 1 and 5 a.m., and that will be the case that evening as well.
- Trains will bypass the Spring St CE in the southbound direction from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- The northbound side of the Spring St CE will be exit-only.
- After 10 p.m., southbound A trains run local from 59 St to Canal St.
- After midnight, northbound A trains operate via the Rutgers Tube.
- After midnight, southbound F trains operate via the Cranberry Tube.
- Spring St CE: Trains will bypass the Spring St CE in the southbound direction from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.; the northbound side of the Spring St CE will be exit-only.
- 14 St/6 Av LFM: The 16th St side will be exit-only, the 14th St side will be open, but watch for police barricades to help control customer flow.
- West 4th St ABCDEFM: Street entrances will become exit only or entrance only at various times, based on how busy it gets.
Start with these tips:
- Don’t bring your car to the Parade!
- If you are coming in a group, meet somewhere away from the line-up and walk to the line-up together.
- The Parade takes until 9:00pm to move out.
- Sixth Avenue (B,D,F,Q) to 23rd, 14th or West 4th Street Stations
- Seventh Avenue (1,2,3,9) to 23rd, 18th, 14th, Sheridan Square or Houston Street
- Eighth Avenue (A,C,E) to West 4th Street, Spring (this station is closest to the Line Up area) or Canal Street Stations
- Visit the MTA’s website to plan your trip!
By PATH from New Jersey
- Take the 33rd Street Train to one of the Sixth Avenue Stations at 9th, 14th or 23rd Streets
- Buses along Sixth Avenue will be re-routed from just after 6:00pm until the parade is over, other routes are suggested.
- 24 Hour NYC Travel Information: 718-330-1234
Check out the map for the different ways to get to spectator areas along the parade route on foot and by public transportation.
WATCH IT ON TV
Can’t make it out to the Parade? You’re in luck! We’re on TV!
The Village Halloween Parade will be telecast LIVE on
NY1 from 8 – 10 pm.
There will also be spot coverage on the local, national or international news programs of your choice.